11.6.10

A daily dose of Unconditional Positive Regard (UPR)

I went to the Israel Restaurant near where I work today. The owner greeted me and looked surprised that, as a Turk, I was still going to his place.

I looked into his eyes, and I felt his emotions. We are so far away from our land, and yet due to the tags of our nationality, we were feeling awkward.

Yesterday my boss got angry with me because of some stupid remark I made. But I didn't get angry with him as he had a point. I still like him, as I would do the same, if I were in his position, age, up-bringing.

"We could be the same." Unconditional Positive Regard (UPR), as Carl Rogers defined, means unconditional love and empathy for the other party. "NO matter what they say!"

We Could Be The Same, Final version

20 comments:

  1. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 當我微笑時,世界和我一起微笑;當我快樂時,世界和我一起活躍。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never hesitate to hold out your hand; never hesitate to accept the outstretched hand of another...................................................................

    ReplyDelete