3.6.09

Beauty you find

One day mom gave me a CD titled in Turkish "Singers of the World Sings Livaneli Songs." I listened it once or twice. Then I forgot about it.

A few months ago, I remembered it, and listened again. I found out about Jocelyn B. Smith, who sings a few Livaneli songs beautifully in the album. One of them is titled "Today":
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Rumi, Translated by John Moyne and Coleman Barks, I found in A Buddist Library


I couldn't find a video on YouTube or why the lyrics were of Rumi. But I keep thinking about it every morning when I wake up, when I shave before I leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment